Monday 9 January 2012

Day 9: Light trails

Today I originally decided to take a picture of a landscape at night. However, once I got outside, the moon started to disappear behind a cloud. I took a few shots, but they were uninteresting without the bright moon in the picture. I was about to pack up when I noticed a semi coming, so I took a long exposure with it going through the frame, and this is what it turned out like.


I love the way this turned out! One of my favourite things about this shot is the way the headlights from the semi light up the highway. This is definitely one of my favourite pictures I have ever taken.

5 comments:

  1. wow what a great picture, way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I've been playing around with long exposures trying achieve something like this, but I haven't even come close :( Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Just keep trying and you'll get it eventually. It takes a lot of patience to get a picture you love, but I'm sure you'll get something after some practice. It took me a few months to get a long exposure at night that I was actually happy with, so don't give up!

      Delete
  3. Very cool picture Kirstyn! I have not checked in for a few days now...but glad I had time to today to see you are keeping up the challenge girl! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch for checking back :) I can't believe I haven't missed a day yet!!

      Delete