Tuesday 3 January 2012

Day 3: Lots of Film

When I first started school, I didn't like shooting with film. After 4 months, I love it. I don't think I'll ever get used to not looking at the back of my camera though. After every frame, I look down at my Canon T70, expecting to see a replica of the scene before me. I used to hate not having instant feedback, but not anymore. I believe that it has made me a better photographer and I now spend more time on each picture before I click the shutter button. Not just with film either, on my digital camera as well.


This was a lot of fun. I had so many options! After I had the final composition with the rolls of film placed how they are, I played around with the direction of light and where I wanted the shadows to fall. It was really hard to choose this one final image. There were so many that I liked and each frame was different, even though the composition stayed the same. I also did some editing to the final photo which really changed the way it looks. I wanted it to feel kinda old time-ish, so I put it in black and white and added some split toning, etc. It's way better than it was in colour, and I loved this image in colour as well!

2 comments:

  1. They all look good so far, keep it up, I know you can do the whole year! I for one will read and view what you've posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there will be some days I miss but I'm going to try not too. I think it'll help knowing there's people who will be looking at it, so thank you :)

    ReplyDelete