Monday 2 January 2012

Day 2: The Moon! Finally!

I have always wanted to take a good picture of the moon. I just don't have the proper lens for it. An 18-55mm doesn't work well when trying to catch all the tiny details of something that is ridiculously far away. Today I borrowed a 75-300mm from my school for one of my assignments. I got lucky and the sky decided to not be overcast tonight so I ran outside with the lens and my camera. The first batch were horrible. Half of them were overexposed so they were deleted right away. Then when I got the exposure good and I imported the images onto my laptop, I found they were out of focus. So, I went out again. Spent more time trying to get the focus proper. I took a LOT of pictures. This one turned out all right.

It's not totally sharp, and it could be a lot better. But it's cold outside. And I have homework. So it'll work for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment