Sunday 15 January 2012

Day 15: Susan

When I was growing up I recieved dolls as Christmas and birthday gifts and by the time I was 5 I had a pretty big collection of them. Now, they sit on shelves that are above my bed, looking down at me as I sleep. I like taking pictures of them because they cooperate with me 100% and don't move their heads in weird ways when I don't want them to. It usually works out quite well for me. Todays picture is of Susan. I got her for Christmas in 1999 from my aunt and uncle.




It was really difficult to get some light on the doll. Because it was on a shelf, there were a bunch of shadows on her face, so I had to stand on my bed with the cord from my desklamp stretched all the way out so I could hold the lamp in one hand as close to her face as possible. My camera was in the other hand snapping pictures, trying to get a sharp one. After all my troubles, I think this one turned out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment