Tuesday 10 January 2012

Day 10: In the Darkroom

This morning I shot a roll of XP2 black and white film for an assignment and got it processed. During my lunch break I went into the darkroom to develop a print. Being in the darkroom is both relaxing and frustrating at the same time. I really like having control over the way my prints turn out, but at the same time, it can be frustrating having to make numerous different prints from the same negative, just to get it to look the right way. Not to mention the paper is ridiculously expensive, so it adds to the frustration when things don't work the way you want them to. The positives by far outweigh the negatives (no pun intended), though, and being in the darkroom for me is a time to relax with some of my pictures and listen to my music.


I don't really have much to say about the image itself, except for the fact that the actual print looks way better than the digital version of it. But, this gets my point across!

No comments:

Post a Comment